The warmth and spirit of San Antonio combines with our quiet country atmosphere to make Hidden Valley RV Park the ideal place for your next RV camping vacation in the heart of South Texas. Officially in Von Ormy, the heritage of this town and San Antonio has long been intertwined. Rich in history, Hidden Valley
RV Park began as a Texan ranch on the Medina River at the Garza River Crossing, very near where General Santa Anna crossed the river in the days before the Alamo became famous. Now a campground owned and operated by the Coleman Family, Hidden Valley
RV Park has evolved and witnessed continual improvements, while our personal desire to serve our guests and make their visits memorable has remained constant.
Hidden Valley RV Park is open year round, welcoming wintering Texans, snowbirds, overnight campers, seasonals, and local RVers looking for a close-to-home RV retreat. Our frequent guests also include workampers, visitors of children and grandchildren graduating from Lackland Air Force Base Training Center, as well as those temporarily employed near San Antonio or using the nearby military medical facilities. Even non-campers have a place to stay with our selection of rental trailers and cottages.
• 30 or 50 amp service at all full hook up sites
• Long sites with back or side yards with picnic tables, some with patios
• Hard-packed gravel pads and roads
• Two RV accommodations available for monthly or seasonal stays.
• One cottage rental, limited weekly or monthly availability
• Clean bath houses with large full-sized showers
• New modern laundry facility
• Free Wi-Fi at ALL sites
• City water
• Loads of great dog walking roads and paths and an off leash dog park
• Walking path along the Medio Creek
• Wildlife viewing (deer, fox, etc.) and bird watching (over 163 species) opportunities
• Fishing in the private Medio Creek (never goes dry)
• Electric vehicle (EV) charging station (free to guests if not in use) or small fee for stop by use
• Planned events during winter season
• A virtual tour of San Antonio upon your arrival - with maps, directions, parking suggestions and insider tips to enjoy the city
• The Bonfire Cove Community Use Area with a large fire pit available for use for park staff attended campfires weekly.
• The Tejas Pavilion, with fireplace and outdoor kitchen is used for park events and available by reservation.
As you can see, our brand of camping is “no frills”, but we do not skimp on hospitality, cleanliness or safety essentials. You will not find a swimming pool, waterpark or jumping pillow at our park, but you will find all the amenities that are important to RVers today, such as free Wi-Fi. We love the outdoors and have made it a goal to encourage some primitive, wilderness camping experiences by cultivating our private Medio Creek area and its fishing and hiking opportunities and maintaining the peaceful, country atmosphere we so love. While camping ourselves, we’ve always found fellow campers to be some of the best people in the world, and we invite you to experience that sense of friendship and community at Hidden Valley RV Park.
Our mission is hospitality and your comfort. We specialize in helping visitors to our city get the most out of their trip by giving them virtual tours outlining San Antonio’s famous (and not so famous, but very interesting) attractions. Use our RV Park as your home base while you set out on a variety of exciting day trips. Major attractions only begin with The Alamo, the Riverwalk and Market Square … a great place for shopping. Wander through the serene and historic San Antonio Missions, catch a Spurs game at the AT&T Center, or get a view of the city from the 750 foot tall Tower of the Americas. Enjoy a bit of German food and culture in the nearby town of Fredericksburg – noted for its antiques, crafts and gift shopping. Then plan a visit to nearby San Marcos, boasting Texas’ largest outlet shopping mall, Tanger Outlets, to satisfy thrifty shoppers with good taste.
We hope you can stay with us during one of the popular San Antonio festivals and events like June’s Folklife Festival, Fiesta San Antonio and the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo in February. In early May our entire region celebrates Cinco de Mayo in grand style, followed by the Juneteenth Festival. The newly expanded Riverwalk also hosts regular parades and celebrations during St. Patrick’s Day and the winter holidays. San Antonio also boasts dozens of Golf Courses. With so much culture, excellent dining, and superb shopping located right nearby, we know you’re going to enjoy San Antonio and camping with us at Hidden Valley RV Park. We also present a schedule full of events right here at the park. Join us for pot lucks, a variety of clinics (computer, family tree, etc.), happy hours, tours, and cowboy breakfast, just to name a few. Come stay with us and become part of our growing family. We encourage you to make your reservations early!